Strawberry and Arugula Salad with Manchego Fricos
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 9 mins
- 1 cup shredded Manchego cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups strawberries, halved and/or quartered
- 4 cups baby arugula
- For fricos, heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle one-third of the cheese over the bottom of the skillet, shaking the skillet so the cheese is in an even layer. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese browns around the edges. Remove skillet from heat for 30 to 40 seconds or until cheese is set. Using a spatula and fork, carefully turn frico over, return to heat and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or until underside is golden. Slide frico out of pan onto a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining cheese to make 3 fricos.
- For salad in a large bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add strawberries and arugula; toss to coat. Transfer salad to 6 serving plates or a large platter.
- Break fricos into pieces and serve with salad.
Nutrition Facts (Strawberry and Arugula Salad with Manchego Fricos)
- Per serving:
- 165 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 17 mg chol. ,
- 192 mg sodium ,
- 8 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.
Game-Changing Strawberry Dessert Recipes
From strawberry shortcakes and parfaits to strawberry-rhubarb pies and dessert pizzas, these strawberry dessert rec...
Strawberries add sparkle to every dish they go in. Here, strawberries brighten salads for an unexpected and delicio...
Strawberry Jam Recipes
Why buy strawberry jam when you can make your own mouthwatering spreads? Featuring surprising ingredients such as b...
Fresh Rhubarb Recipes
Rhubarb's naturally tart flavor makes a perfect addition to sweet treats, but don't limit fresh rhubarb to dessert...
Healthy Dinner Recipes for Spring
Shake off the winter chill with healthy spring recipes including silky carrot soup and avocado-slathered sandwiches...
Our Best-Ever Spring Recipes from Better Homes and Gardens
There's always something new in the Better Homes and Gardens® Test Kitchen. Every year, our editors and Test Kitche...
In-Season Spring Dinners
Along with pastel flowers and warmer weather, spring brings a bounty of fresh produce to your kitchen table. From a...
Our Best Spring Desserts
Spring is all about sweets. Including moist cupcakes accented with rosemary and decadent blueberry cheesecake bars,...