Grilled Turkey and Strawberry Salad
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 50 mins
- Grill: 45 mins
- 1 1 3/4 pound boneless turkey breast half
- 1 recipe Lemon-Pepper Rub
- 4 - 6 slices pancetta
- 1 5 ounce package fresh baby spinach
- 6 ounces dried cavatappi or gemelli pasta
- 1 large yellow sweet pepper, seeded and cut into bite-size strips
- 1 recipe Strawberry-Sherry Vinaigrette
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- Remove skin from turkey, if present. Spread Lemon-Pepper Rub evenly over turkey. Top with pancetta. Tie at 2-inch intervals with 100-percent-cotton kitchen string.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above pan. Place turkey on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill for 45 to 55 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink (170 degrees F). (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Cover and grill as above.)
- Spread spinach on a large serving platter. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water to cool; drain again. In a large bowl combine pasta and sweet pepper. Add Strawberry-Sherry Vinaigrette; toss to coat. Spoon pasta mixture on top of spinach.
- Slice turkey. Arrange turkey slices and strawberries on top of salad. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
From the Test Kitchen
To Make Ahead:
Prepare as directed through Step 3, except do not spoon pasta mixture on top of spinach. Cover and chill turkey, spinach, and pasta mixture separately for up to 24 hours. To serve, spoon pasta mixture on top of spinach and continue as directed in Step 4.
Instead of preparing Lemon-Pepper Rub, use 1 1/2 teaspoons purchased lemon-pepper seasoning. Use 3/4 cup bottled berry vinaigrette salad dressing in place of the Strawberry-Sherry Vinaigrette.
- In a small bowl stir together lemon peel, oil, salt, pepper, sugar, thyme, and garlic.
- In a blender or food processor combine strawberries, oil, vinegar, honey, basil, salt, and pepper. Cover and blend or process until smooth.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Turkey and Strawberry Salad)
- Per serving:
- 320 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 50 mg chol. ,
- 391 mg sodium ,
- 26 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 25 g pro.
Game-Changing Strawberry Dessert Recipes
From strawberry shortcakes and parfaits to strawberry-rhubarb pies and dessert pizzas, these strawberry dessert rec...
Strawberries add sparkle to every dish they go in. Here, strawberries brighten salads for an unexpected and delicio...
Strawberry Jam Recipes
Why buy strawberry jam when you can make your own mouthwatering spreads? Featuring surprising ingredients such as b...
Fresh Rhubarb Recipes
Rhubarb's naturally tart flavor makes a perfect addition to sweet treats, but don't limit fresh rhubarb to dessert....
Healthy Dinner Recipes for Spring
Shake off the winter chill with healthy spring recipes, including silky carrot soup and avocado-slathered sandwiche...
Our Best-Ever Spring Recipes from Better Homes and Gardens
There's always something new in the Better Homes and Gardens® Test Kitchen. Every year, our editors and Test Kitche...
In-Season Spring Dinners
Along with pastel flowers and warmer weather, spring brings a bounty of fresh produce to your kitchen table. From a...
Our Best Spring Desserts
Spring is all about sweets. Including moist cupcakes accented with rosemary and decadent blueberry cheesecake bars,...