- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Freeze: 2 hrs 30 mins
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups seeded watermelon cubes
- 2 cups fresh berries (raspberries, strawberries, and/or blueberries)
- Snipped fresh lemon balm
- Fresh lemon balm sprigs
- Fresh raspberries and/or blueberries (optional)
- In a medium saucepan combine water and sugar; bring to boiling,stirring frequently. Boil gently, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Place the watermelon and berries in a blender or large food processor; cover and blend or process for 30 seconds. Add the warm syrup and blend until almost smooth. Transfer the mixture to a 3-quart rectangular baking dish or a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Place in the freezer, uncovered, for 1-1/2 hours or until almost solid.
- Remove sorbet from freezer. Using a fork, break up the frozen fruit into a somewhat smooth mixture. Stir in snipped lemon balm. Freeze 1 hour more*. Break up the ice with a fork and serve in shallow bowls. Top with lemon balm sprigs and a few blueberries and/or raspberries.
From the Test Kitchen
If mixture is frozen longer than the final hour, let it stand at room temperature about 20 minutes before breaking up mixture with a fork and serving.
Nutrition Facts (Watermelon-Berry Sorbet)
- Per serving:
- 98 kcal ,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 2 mg sodium ,
- 24 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 24 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.
Game-Changing Strawberry Dessert Recipes
From strawberry shortcakes and parfaits to strawberry-rhubarb pies and dessert pizzas, these strawberry dessert rec...
Strawberries add sparkle to every dish they go in. Here, strawberries brighten salads for an unexpected and delicio...
Strawberry Jam Recipes
Why buy strawberry jam when you can make your own mouthwatering spreads? Featuring surprising ingredients such as b...
Fresh Rhubarb Recipes
Rhubarb's naturally tart flavor makes a perfect addition to sweet treats, but don't limit fresh rhubarb to dessert....
Healthy Dinner Recipes for Spring
Shake off the winter chill with healthy spring recipes, including silky carrot soup and avocado-slathered sandwiche...
Our Best-Ever Spring Recipes from Better Homes and Gardens
There's always something new in the Better Homes and Gardens® Test Kitchen. Every year, our editors and Test Kitche...
In-Season Spring Dinners
Along with pastel flowers and warmer weather, spring brings a bounty of fresh produce to your kitchen table. From a...
Our Best Spring Desserts
Spring is all about sweets. Including moist cupcakes accented with rosemary and decadent blueberry cheesecake bars,...