- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Freeze: 6 hrs
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon Cream (see recipe below) (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine water and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; set syrup aside to cool while preparing fruit.
- Place strawberries in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth; if necessary add about 1/3 cup of the syrup to help puree the berries. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Stir strawberry puree and lemon juice into the syrup.
- Pour mixture into a 2-quart square baking dish. Cover and freeze mixture about 6 hours or until mixture is completely frozen, stirring after 2 hours and then after every hour.
- Just before serving, break up mixture with a fork until fluffy. Spoon mixture into dessert dishes. If desired, serve with Lemon Cream. Makes about 5-1/2 cups.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed, except use 1-1/2 cups strawberries, 1-1/2 cups raspberries, and 1 cup blueberries instead of just strawberries.
- In a medium chilled mixing bowl, beat whipping cream, sugar, and lemon peel with an electric mixer on medium speed or with a whisk until soft peaks form (tips curl).
Nutrition Facts (Strawberry Granita)
- Per serving:
- 86 kcal ,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 1 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 0 g pro.
Game-Changing Strawberry Dessert Recipes
From strawberry shortcakes and parfaits to strawberry-rhubarb pies and dessert pizzas, these strawberry dessert rec...
Strawberries add sparkle to every dish they go in. Here, strawberries brighten salads for an unexpected and delicio...
Strawberry Jam Recipes
Why buy strawberry jam when you can make your own mouthwatering spreads? Featuring surprising ingredients such as b...
Fresh Rhubarb Recipes
Rhubarb's naturally tart flavor makes a perfect addition to sweet treats, but don't limit fresh rhubarb to dessert....
Healthy Dinner Recipes for Spring
Shake off the winter chill with healthy spring recipes, including silky carrot soup and avocado-slathered sandwiche...
Our Best-Ever Spring Recipes from Better Homes and Gardens
There's always something new in the Better Homes and Gardens® Test Kitchen. Every year, our editors and Test Kitche...
In-Season Spring Dinners
Along with pastel flowers and warmer weather, spring brings a bounty of fresh produce to your kitchen table. From a...
Our Best Spring Desserts
Spring is all about sweets. Including moist cupcakes accented with rosemary and decadent blueberry cheesecake bars,...