Lemony Tuna and Pasta
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 20 mins 375°F
- 2 cups dried rigatoni or penne pasta (6 oz.)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 5 1/2 ounce can chunk tuna (packed in olive oil), drained
- 1/2 cup finely crushed herb-seasoned croutons
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers (optional)
- Dill sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 1-1/2-quart baking dish; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In medium saucepan cook celery, onion, and garlic in hot oil until tender. Stir in flour, mustard, dill, lemon peel, and pepper. Add broth all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, whisking to remove any lumps. Stir in tuna and pasta. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In small bowl stir together croutons and melted butter. Sprinkle on tuna mixture. Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Uncover. Top with lemon slices, bake, uncovered, 5 minutes more or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with capers and dill sprigs. Serves 4 to 6.
Nutrition Facts (Lemony Tuna and Pasta)
- Per serving:
- 565 kcal ,
- 27 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 14 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 30 mg chol. ,
- 868 mg sodium ,
- 47 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 32 g pro.
Casserole Recipes Under $3
Looking for a great way to stretch your dinner dollar? Whip up one of these scrumptious, crowd-pleasing casseroles...
Quick and Easy Casseroles
Looking for a quick casserole recipe that's sure to impress? We have you covered with our hot (and cheesy!) lineup,...
Ethnic-Inspired Casserole Recipes
For a fuss-free dish with a fresh twist, try one of our simple make-ahead casseroles for dinner tonight.
Toss-Together Side Dish Casseroles
These hearty and delicious side-dish casseroles are so convenient—and they pair well with your favorite entrees. Ch...
Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Go ahead. Admit it. You love macaroni and cheese. We do too! So we put together our cheesiest, most ooey-gooey maca...
One-Dish Beef Recipes
Sometimes one dish is all a winning recipe takes. Ideal for busy weeknights, these fuss-free beef dinners will quic...
One-Dish Chicken Dinners
Take the hassle out of dinner tonight with these quick and easy one-dish chicken recipes, including faves like chic...
Warm and Delicious Bread Pudding Recipes
Give bread pudding a try with these fun sweet and savory variations, including chocolate, cheese, and even bourbon...