Creamy Artichoke Lasagna
- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 50 mins
- Bake: 35 mins to 40 mins 350°F
- Cook: 8 mins to 10 mins
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 15 fresh baby artichokes
- 9 dried lasagna noodles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15 ounce carton ricotta cheese
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 cup snipped fresh basil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half or light cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz.)
- In a large bowl, combine the water and lemon juice; set aside. Cut off the base of each artichoke. Snap off outer leaves until you reach leaves that are yellow at the bottom. Cut off the top third of artichokes; quarter artichokes. Immediately place artichokes in water mixture to keep them from browning. Drain artichokes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Add artichokes, pine nuts, and half of the garlic. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until artichokes are tender, stirring frequently. Transfer to the large bowl. Stir in ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup of the basil, the egg, and salt.
- In a small bowl or glass measure, combine broth and flour. In the large saucepan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the remaining garlic; cook and stir until garlic is tender but not brown. Stir in flour mixture and half-and-half. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup basil.
- In a small bowl, combine mozzarella cheese and the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- To assemble, spread about 1 cup of the sauce over the bottom of an ungreased 3-quart shallow baking dish. Layer three of the cooked noodles in the dish. Spread with one-third of the artichoke mixture and one-third of the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella mixture. Repeat layering noodles, artichoke mixture, sauce, and mozzarella mixture two more times.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes until edges are bubbly and top is lightly browned. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Creamy Artichoke Lasagna)
- Per serving:
- 337 kcal ,
- 20 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 57 mg chol. ,
- 482 mg sodium ,
- 25 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 17 g pro.
Casserole Recipes Under $3
Looking for a great way to stretch your dinner dollar? Whip up one of these scrumptious, crowd-pleasing casseroles...
Quick and Easy Casseroles
Looking for a quick casserole recipe that's sure to impress? We have you covered with our hot (and cheesy!) lineup,...
Ethnic-Inspired Casserole Recipes
For a fuss-free dish with a fresh twist, try one of our simple make-ahead casseroles for dinner tonight.
Toss-Together Side Dish Casseroles
These hearty and delicious side-dish casseroles are so convenient—and they pair well with your favorite entrees. Ch...
Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Go ahead. Admit it. You love macaroni and cheese. We do too! So we put together our cheesiest, most ooey-gooey maca...
One-Dish Beef Recipes
Sometimes one dish is all a winning recipe takes. Ideal for busy weeknights, these fuss-free beef dinners will quic...
One-Dish Chicken Dinners
Take the hassle out of dinner tonight with these quick and easy one-dish chicken recipes, including faves like chic...
Warm and Delicious Bread Pudding Recipes
Give bread pudding a try with these fun sweet and savory variations, including chocolate, cheese, and even bourbon...