Coconut Sweet Potatoes and Wild Rice
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 30 mins 375°F
- 1 8 1/2 ounce cooked brown and wild rice
- 4 small sweet potatoes (1-1/2 pounds total), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup frozen edamame or peas, thawed
- 1 14 ounce can unsweetened light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- Fresh snipped basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole; set aside. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In a medium saucepan cook sweet potato slices, covered, in enough boiling water to cover about 8 minutes or just until tender; drain well. Gently combine sweet potato slices, rice, and edamame. Transfer to casserole dish.
- In a large skillet combine coconut milk and onion. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 3 minutes or just until onion is tender. Whisk in peanut butter, red curry paste, and brown sugar. Continue to whisk until peanut butter is melted and smooth.
- Pour coconut milk mixture over vegetables and rice. Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake about 15 minutes more or until mixture is heated through. If desired, top with snipped basil.
Nutrition Facts (Coconut Sweet Potatoes and Wild Rice )
- Per serving:
- 325 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 421 mg sodium ,
- 40 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 10 g pro.
Casserole Recipes Under $3
Looking for a great way to stretch your dinner dollar? Whip up one of these scrumptious, crowd-pleasing casseroles...
Quick and Easy Casseroles
Looking for a quick casserole recipe that's sure to impress? We have you covered with our hot (and cheesy!) lineup,...
Ethnic-Inspired Casserole Recipes
For a fuss-free dish with a fresh twist, try one of our simple make-ahead casseroles for dinner tonight.
Toss-Together Side Dish Casseroles
These hearty and delicious side-dish casseroles are so convenient—and they pair well with your favorite entrees. Ch...
Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Go ahead. Admit it. You love macaroni and cheese. We do too! So we put together our cheesiest, most ooey-gooey maca...
One-Dish Beef Recipes
Sometimes one dish is all a winning recipe takes. Ideal for busy weeknights, these fuss-free beef dinners will quic...
One-Dish Chicken Dinners
Take the hassle out of dinner tonight with these quick and easy one-dish chicken recipes, including faves like chic...
Warm and Delicious Bread Pudding Recipes
Give bread pudding a try with these fun sweet and savory variations, including chocolate, cheese, and even bourbon...