Macaroni and Brie with Crab
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 20 mins 350°F
- Cook: 15 mins
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound packaged dried medium shell pasta
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium sweet onion (such as Vidalia or Maui), halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1 pound Brie cheese, trimmed, cut into small wedges, and chopped (reserve 8 small wedges for topping)
- 12 ounces fresh cooked crabmeat or canned lump crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
- 3 slices firm white bread, torn into large pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat eight 14- to 16-ounce individual baking dishes with cooking spray; set aside. In a Dutch oven cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to Dutch oven; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet melt butter over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook about 15 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add flour, salt, and pepper; cook and stir about 1 minute or until combined. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Gradually add the chopped Brie cheese; cook and stir over medium-low heat until cheese is melted. Stir cheese mixture into cooked pasta. Fold in crab. Transfer to prepared baking dishes.
- Place bread pieces in a food processor; cover and process until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle crumbs over pasta mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and crumbs are golden brown. For the last 5 minutes of baking, top each dish with one of the reserved small Brie wedges. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Macaroni and Brie with Crab )
- Per serving:
- 595 kcal ,
- 27 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 137 mg chol. ,
- 905 mg sodium ,
- 57 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 31 g pro.
Casserole Recipes Under $3
Looking for a great way to stretch your dinner dollar? Whip up one of these scrumptious, crowd-pleasing casseroles...
Quick and Easy Casseroles
Looking for a quick casserole recipe that's sure to impress? We have you covered with our hot (and cheesy!) lineup,...
Ethnic-Inspired Casserole Recipes
For a fuss-free dish with a fresh twist, try one of our simple make-ahead casseroles for dinner tonight.
Toss-Together Side Dish Casseroles
These hearty and delicious side-dish casseroles are so convenient—and they pair well with your favorite entrees. Ch...
Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Go ahead. Admit it. You love macaroni and cheese. We do too! So we put together our cheesiest, most ooey-gooey maca...
One-Dish Beef Recipes
Sometimes one dish is all a winning recipe takes. Ideal for busy weeknights, these fuss-free beef dinners will quic...
One-Dish Chicken Dinners
Take the hassle out of dinner tonight with these quick and easy one-dish chicken recipes, including faves like chic...
Warm and Delicious Bread Pudding Recipes
Give bread pudding a try with these fun sweet and savory variations, including chocolate, cheese, and even bourbon...