Baked Risotto with Sausage and Artichokes
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 1 hr 10 mins 350°F
- Stand: 5 mins
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cored and chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup uncooked arborio or long grain white rice
- 2 14 ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 medium carrots, shredded (1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Asiago cheese or Parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In an extra-large skillet, cook sausage, fennel, onion, and garlic over medium-high heat until sausage is brown and vegetables are tender. Drain off fat. Add rice; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add artichoke hearts, carrots, thyme, and pepper. Stir in broth and wine. Bring just to boiling. Transfer mixture to an ungreased 2-1/2-quart casserole. Bake, covered, about 1 hour or until rice is tender, stirring once halfway through baking.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine panko, cheese, and lemon peel; stir in melted butter. Sprinkle over sausage mixture. Bake, uncovered, about 10 minutes more or until mixture is heated through and crumbs are lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Baked Risotto with Sausage and Artichokes)
- Per serving:
- 473 kcal ,
- 28 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 11 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 68 mg chol. ,
- 1429 mg sodium ,
- 36 g carb. ,
- 7 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 18 g pro.
Casserole Recipes Under $3
Looking for a great way to stretch your dinner dollar? Whip up one of these scrumptious, crowd-pleasing casseroles...
Quick and Easy Casseroles
Looking for a quick casserole recipe that's sure to impress? We have you covered with our hot (and cheesy!) lineup,...
Ethnic-Inspired Casserole Recipes
For a fuss-free dish with a fresh twist, try one of our simple make-ahead casseroles for dinner tonight.
Toss-Together Side Dish Casseroles
These hearty and delicious side-dish casseroles are so convenient—and they pair well with your favorite entrees. Ch...
Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Go ahead. Admit it. You love macaroni and cheese. We do too! So we put together our cheesiest, most ooey-gooey maca...
One-Dish Beef Recipes
Sometimes one dish is all a winning recipe takes. Ideal for busy weeknights, these fuss-free beef dinners will quic...
One-Dish Chicken Dinners
Take the hassle out of dinner tonight with these quick and easy one-dish chicken recipes, including faves like chic...
Warm and Delicious Bread Pudding Recipes
Give bread pudding a try with these fun sweet and savory variations, including chocolate, cheese, and even bourbon...