Chipotle Apple Pecan Cake
- Makes: 16 servings
- Prep: 40 mins
- Bake: 1 hr 15 mins 325°F
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups cooking oil
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 large (1-1/4 pound) sweet-tart apples peeled, cored, and diced (3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Spicy Caramel Glaze (see below)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly coat 10-inch fluted tube pan with cooking spray; lightly sprinkle with flour. Set aside. In a bowl combine the 3 cups flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, chipotle, ginger, white pepper, salt, and cloves; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat oil and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add eggs, one at a time; beat well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and as much flour mixture as you can. Stir in remaining flour mixture, apples, and pecans. Spoon batter into pan.
- Bake 1-1/4 hours, until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Meanwhile, prepare Spicy Caramel Glaze. Cool cake in pan 10 minutes; invert on rack. Place rack over baking sheet. Drizzle warm cake with Spicy Caramel Glaze, respooning glaze that drips on baking sheet over cake. Cool completely before serving. Makes 16 servings.
Spicy Caramel Glaze
- In a saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, whipping cream, and ground chipotle pepper. Bring to boiling, stirring occasionally. Boil gently 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Let stand 1-1/4 hours until slightly thickened. Drizzle over warm cake.
Nutrition Facts (Chipotle Apple Pecan Cake)
- Per serving:
- 490 kcal ,
- 31 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 10 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 13 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 53 mg chol. ,
- 165 mg sodium ,
- 50 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 32 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.
Irresistibly Easy Slow Cooker Dips
Bring your crowd together over a crock brimming with one of our hot, creamy slow cooker dips. It couldn't be easier...
Our Best Soups and Stews
These fuss-free soup recipes are filled with good-for-you veggies, fresh fish, hearty beef, and more. Nothing beats...
Quick and Easy Casseroles
Looking for a quick casserole recipe that's sure to impress? We have you covered with our hot (and cheesy!) lineup,...
Our Best Winter Slow Cooker Recipes
Beat the blustery chill of the season with easy winter dinner recipes that are ready the moment you arrive home at...
Savory and Sweet Fall Baking Recipes
Incorporate the cozy flavors of fall into your favorite pies, tarts, muffins, and scones with these seasonal baking...
Warm and Cozy Fall Desserts
If you ask us, our best fall desserts are always in season. But these served-warm treats—boasting pumpkin, chocolat...
6 Delectable Fall Desserts from Alan Carter
Pastry chef Alan Carter of Mission Beach Cafe in California shares his favorite seasonal scones, pies, cookies, and...
Healthy Fall Desserts
Warm up with one of these fabulous dessert ideas that incorporate the cozy flavors of fall. Each of our brownies, c...