French Pot Roast
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 10 hrs to 12 hrs (low) or 5-1/2to 6 hrs. (high) Slow Cooker: 5 to 6 qt.
- 1 2 1/2 pound boneless beef chuck pot roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut crosswise into 3-inch pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 cup bottled French salad dressing
- 1/2 cup canned beef broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Trim fat from beef; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brown beef roast on all sides in hot oil in a large skillet.
- Place carrots, potatoes, and onions in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with tapioca. Place roast on vegetables. Combine salad dressing, broth, and garlic; pour over roast and vegetables.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4-1/2 to 5 hours.
- Transfer beef and vegetables to a large serving platter. Serve cooking liquid with beef and vegetables. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (French Pot Roast)
- Per serving:
- 498 kcal ,
- 22 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 8 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 101 mg chol. ,
- 672 mg sodium ,
- 34 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 40 g pro.
Irresistibly Easy Slow Cooker Dips
Bring your crowd together over a crock brimming with one of our hot, creamy slow cooker dips. It couldn't be easier...
Our Best Soups and Stews
These fuss-free soup recipes are filled with good-for-you veggies, fresh fish, hearty beef, and more. Nothing beats...
Quick and Easy Casseroles
Looking for a quick casserole recipe that's sure to impress? We have you covered with our hot (and cheesy!) lineup,...
Our Best Winter Slow Cooker Recipes
Beat the blustery chill of the season with easy winter dinner recipes that are ready the moment you arrive home at...
Savory and Sweet Fall Baking Recipes
Incorporate the cozy flavors of fall into your favorite pies, tarts, muffins, and scones with these seasonal baking...
Warm and Cozy Fall Desserts
If you ask us, our best fall desserts are always in season. But these served-warm treats—boasting pumpkin, chocolat...
6 Delectable Fall Desserts from Alan Carter
Pastry chef Alan Carter of Mission Beach Cafe in California shares his favorite seasonal scones, pies, cookies, and...
Healthy Fall Desserts
Warm up with one of these fabulous dessert ideas that incorporate the cozy flavors of fall. Each of our brownies, c...