Blue Cheese-Apricot Bites
- Makes: 16 servings
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola, Roquefort, or other blue cheese (1 ounce)
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 16 dried apricots
- Snipped fresh rosemary (optional)
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add walnuts and sugar; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until walnuts are lightly toasted. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary; cook and stir for 30 seconds more. Transfer nuts to a foil-lined baking sheet; cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine Gorgonzola cheese and cream cheese. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Spoon about 3/4 teaspoon of the cheese mixture on top of each dried apricot. Sprinkle with nuts. If desired, garnish with additional fresh rosemary.
Nutrition Facts (Blue Cheese-Apricot Bites)
- Per serving:
- 33 kcal ,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 5 mg chol. ,
- 24 mg sodium ,
- 3 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.
Holiday Buffet Serving Tips and Display Ideas
Learn how to arrange food into a beautiful display at your holiday party, plus get great serving and storage tips,...
Fun & Easy Pizza Party Menus
These complete menus, including Italian salads, drinks, and desserts turn our favorite pizza recipes into a party.
Fun and Easy Christmas Party Ideas
Get ready for the holiday season with these easy Christmas party ideas. You'll love these tips for fun parties, suc...
Appetizer Ideas for a Finger Food Dinner Party
For a fun change of pace, ditch the traditional sit-down dinner in favor of an appetizer dinner party. Serving tast...
Christmas Decorating Using What You Have
Decorate your home for Christmas using glasses, ornaments, and other items that you already own. Check out these in...
Holiday Housecleaning Tips
Entertaining during the holidays can be stressful -- especially if your house isn't always tidy. Make your house sp...