Mix-and-Match Baked Chicken Fingers and Dipping Sauces
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Bake: 8 mins 400°F
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (11/4 to 11/2 pounds total)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Desired dipping sauces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium bowl whisk together egg, sour cream, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Cut chicken lengthwise into strips about 3/4 inch thick. Add chicken to egg mixture. Stir to combine.
- Brush a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with oil; set aside. Place desired Breading in a shallow dish. Transfer chicken, a few pieces at a time, to the dish. Roll and press chicken strips to coat all sides with Breading. Arrange chicken in a single layer in prepared pan, leaving space between each piece.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning after 5 minutes. Serve with desired Dipping Sauces.
From the Test Kitchen
Place one of the following in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag, pressing out air. Place bag on a cutting board and, using a rolling pin, crush to make coarse crumbs.
2 cups mini pretzel twists
4 cups tortilla chips
2 cups cheddar-flavored fish-shaped or square snack crackers
3 cups potato chips
2 cups Gardetto's Original Recipe snack mix
- In a small bowl, combine pineapple; banana yogurt; shredded coconut; and lime juice.
Sweet and Sour Apricot
- In a small bowl, combine apricot preserves (snip any large pieces of fruit), ketchup, rice vinegar, and soy sauce.
Honey Mustard Sauce
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise or salad dressing and honey mustard. Cover and chill until serving time.
Cooled-Down Mexican Salsa
- In a small bowl, combine salsa, dairy sour cream, and Mexican cheese blend.
Kids Buffalo Style
- In a small bowl, combine ranch salad dressing, ketchup, and finely crumbled blue cheese.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine pizza sauce, cheese, and olives. Microwave on 100% power (high) for 1 minute. Stir; continue to microwave for 1 minute more, stirring after every 20 seconds, until heated through and cheese melts.
Nutrition Facts (Mix-and-Match Baked Chicken Fingers and Dipping Sauces)
- Per serving:
- 505 kcal ,
- 29 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 148 mg chol. ,
- 1053 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 35 g pro.
How to Cook Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts
With skinless, boneless chicken breasts on hand, you'll always have something quick and satisfying to eat for dinne...
One-Dish Chicken Dinners
Take the hassle out of dinner tonight with these quick and easy one-dish chicken recipes, including faves like chic...
Quick and Easy Chicken Recipes
Tight on time? No problem. Whip up one of these simple yet satisfying chicken recipes for dinner tonight. With fres...
30-Minute Healthy Chicken Recipes
For a healthy dinner that's easy, too, try one of our healthy chicken recipes. Ready in under 30 minutes and ringin...
Our Best Grilled Chicken Recipes
Impress your cookout crowd with our grilled chicken recipes, including juicy chicken burger recipes, zesty barbecue...
All-Time Favorite Chicken Recipes
For a dinner that's sure to bring everyone to the table, try one of our top chicken recipes. These Better Homes and...
Chicken Casseroles to Please a Crowd
Make a warm and bubbly chicken casserole for your next family gathering. Our chicken casserole recipes feature a ra...
Our Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
Try one of our slow cooker chicken recipes for dinner tonight. Each recipe features bold flavor and delicious chick...