Apple Whoopie Pies
- Makes: 36 servings
- Prep: 45 mins
- Cook: 45 mins (applesauce)
- Bake: 10 mins 350°F per batch
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 recipe Fluffy Filling
- Apple peel ribbons (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a large bowl combine brown sugar and butter. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined. Add applesauce and whipping cream; beat well. In a medium bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to the beaten mixture, beating until well mixed.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
- Spread Fluffy Filling on bottoms of half of the cooled cookies. Top with the remaining cookies, bottom sides down. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator and serve within 24 hours. If desired, garnish with apple peel ribbons.
- In a medium bowl combine 1 cup butter, softened; 1/2 cup marshmallow creme; 1/4 cup whole milk; 1/4 cup all-purpose flour; and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed. Gradually add 4 cups powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating until well mixed and fluffy. Makes about 2 2/3 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Apple Whoopie Pies)
- Per serving:
- 267 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 43 mg chol. ,
- 160 mg sodium ,
- 41 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 31 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.
From sweet tarts to healthful smoothies, these recipes make the most of both fresh and dried fruit.
Easy Fruit Cobblers and Crisps
Cobblers and crisps traditionally are warm fruit desserts with a biscuit or crunchy topping. Thanks to the availabi...
Game-Changing Strawberry Dessert Recipes
From strawberry shortcakes and parfaits to strawberry-rhubarb pies and dessert pizzas, these strawberry dessert rec...
Irresistible Apple Desserts
Our apple desserts begin with the mouthwatering aroma of tantalizing baked apples and cinnamon filling your kitchen...
Frozen Strawberry Treats
Enjoy a sweet taste of summer any day of the year with these recipes using frozen strawberries. When the fruit is c...
Our Best Berry-Filled Desserts
These luscious dessert recipes are bursting with blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries. The deli...
Our Best Apple Pies and Tarts
Whether you're making your first apple pie or you're a baking pro, we've got all the best recipes for you. Find a n...
Our Favorite Berry Pie Recipes
Create perfect berry pies every time with these amazing recipes starring sweet and succulent strawberries, blueberr...