Beef and Bean Ragout
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 8 hrs to 10 hrs (low) or 4-5 hours (high)
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 16 ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce with onion and garlic
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 28 ounce package frozen diced hash brown potatoes with onions and peppers (about 4 cups)
- Fresh oregano leaves (optional)
- in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, stir together meat, beans, tomato sauce, undrained tomatoes, and hash brown potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. If desired, garnish each serving with fresh oregano leaves. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Beef and Bean Ragout)
- Per serving:
- 260 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 45 mg chol. ,
- 835 mg sodium ,
- 35 g carb. ,
- 7 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 23 g pro.
Skinny Slow Cooker Recipes
Looking for a slow cooker recipe with fewer than 400 calories per serving? You're in the right spot! These healthy...
20 Slow Cooker Mexican Favorites
From enchiladas and fajitas to tacos and burritos, these flavorful slow cooker Mexican recipes will top your list o...
Italian Slow Cooker Recipes
Come home to a comforting hands-off dinner with our scrumptious array of Italian slow cooker recipes. From traditio...
Easy and Irresistible Slow Cooker BBQ Recipes
Barbecue recipes aren't just for the grill. Our roundup of slow cooker BBQ recipes include ribs, brisket, pork, and...
Easy Slow Cooker Appetizers
Looking for no-fuss appetizer recipes to kick off your party? It's time to whip out that slow cooker! Including jui...
Irresistibly Easy Slow Cooker Dips
Bring your crowd together over a crock brimming with one of our hot, creamy slow cooker dips. It couldn't be easier...