Pears in Lemon Cream Sauce
- Makes: 6 servings
- Slow Cook: 1 hr 30 mins to 2 hrs (high)
- 6 medium pears
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 8 ounce package cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons broken pecans, toasted
- 6 sugar cookies (optional)
- Peel pears if desired; halve and core the pears. Place pears in a medium bowl. Add lemon peel and lemon juice; gently toss to coat. Add brown sugar and nutmeg; gently toss to coat. Tranfer pear mixture to a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on high-heat setting for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Transfer pears to individual dessert dishes using a slotted spoon. Add cream cheese and whipping cream to juices in slow cooker. Heat and stir with a wire whisk until cream cheese is melted. Spoon cream cheese mixture over pears. Sprinkle with pecans. Garnish each serving with a sugar cookie, if desired.
Nutrition Facts (Pears in Lemon Cream Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 273 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 34 mg chol. ,
- 65 mg sodium ,
- 40 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 31 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.
Skinny Slow Cooker Recipes
Looking for a slow cooker recipe with fewer than 400 calories per serving? You're in the right spot! These healthy...
20 Slow Cooker Mexican Favorites
From enchiladas and fajitas to tacos and burritos, these flavorful slow cooker Mexican recipes will top your list o...
Italian Slow Cooker Recipes
Come home to a comforting hands-off dinner with our scrumptious array of Italian slow cooker recipes. From traditio...
Easy and Irresistible Slow Cooker BBQ Recipes
Barbecue recipes aren't just for the grill. Our roundup of slow cooker BBQ recipes include ribs, brisket, pork, and...
Easy Slow Cooker Appetizers
Looking for no-fuss appetizer recipes to kick off your party? It's time to whip out that slow cooker! Including jui...
Irresistibly Easy Slow Cooker Dips
Bring your crowd together over a crock brimming with one of our hot, creamy slow cooker dips. It couldn't be easier...