Grape-Glazed Almond Butter Shortbread
- Makes: 48 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 14 mins 325°F
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup natural almond butter or natural peanut butter*
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Concord grape jam
- Sliced almonds and small round candies (optional)
- Sea Salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter, almond butter, brown sugar, and salt. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Gradually beat in half of the flour. Stir in remaining flour with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- On a piece of waxed paper pat dough into an 8x6-inch rectangle; cut into 48 equal pieces (about 1-inch squares). Roll pieces into balls; place 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Using a flat-bottom measuring cup dipped in flour, flatten dough balls to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned and tops of cookies are set. Remove cookie sheet from oven. Stir jam to create a spreadable consistency. Top each cookie with a generous 1/2 tsp. jam, spreading jam to edges. Return to oven; bake 2 minutes more. While cookies are warm, top with sliced almonds and candies or sea salt, if desired.
From the Test Kitchen
If you use regular peanut butter, the dough will be a bit softer. Cover and chill for 30 to 60 minutes until firm enough to shape and cut.
Place cookies in a single layer in an airtight container. Refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 1 month. Thaw before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Grape-Glazed Almond Butter Shortbread)
- Per serving:
- 90 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 10 mg chol. ,
- 66 mg sodium ,
- 10 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.
Our Best Cookie Videos
Straight from our test kitchen, we've compiled our best how-to videos for creating, baking, and decorating cookies.
How to Make Bar Cookies
Follow our easy step-by-step directions for making this one-pan dessert.
Tips to Baking Perfect Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies, snickerdoodles, peanut butter cookies: Every type of cookie has its own personality and nee...
Our Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fill your home with the intoxicating aroma of warm chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven. Whether you prefer y...
Blissful Brownie Recipes
Make tasty fudgy brownies for a crowd! This collection of our best brownies has it all. Try a classic buttermilk br...
Scrumptious Peanut Butter Cookies
From classic cookies to rich brownies, these sweets are proven crowd pleasers.
Our Best Bar Cookies
These cookie bar recipes -- including creamy peanut butter bars, fruit-filled bars, chocolaty caramel treats, and m...
Chocolate Cookie Recipes
Here at BHG, we're always searching for the best chocolate cookie recipes, and chocolate chip cookies are just the...