- Makes: 72 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 8 mins 350°F per batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups regular or quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons or tablespoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Or drop dough using a cookie scoop or 1/4-cup measure 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven about 8 minutes for spoon-size portions (bake about 12 minutes for cookie-scoop or 1/4-cup portions) or until edges are light brown and centers appear set. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; cool completely.
From the Test Kitchen
Loaded Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies:
Prepare as directed, except reduce butter to 1/2 cup and beat 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter and 1/4 cup milk with butter. Omit raisins. Stir in 1/2 cup red and green candy-coated peanut butter pieces or white baking pieces, and 1/2 cup dried cranberries or dried tart cherries.
Nutrition Facts: 35 calories, 1 g protein, 5 g carb., 1 g total fat, 4 mg cholesterol, 1 g sat. fat, 0 g fiber, 0% Vitamin A, 0% Vitamin C, 23 mg sodium, 0% calcium, 1% iron
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 83 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 12 mg chol. ,
- 60 mg sodium ,
- 12 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.
Our Best Cookie Videos
Straight from our test kitchen, we've compiled our best how-to videos for creating, baking, and decorating cookies.
How to Make Bar Cookies
Follow our easy step-by-step directions for making this one-pan dessert.
Tips to Baking Perfect Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies, snickerdoodles, peanut butter cookies: Every type of cookie has its own personality and nee...
Our Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fill your home with the intoxicating aroma of warm chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven. Whether you prefer y...
Blissful Brownie Recipes
Make tasty fudgy brownies for a crowd! This collection of our best brownies has it all. Try a classic buttermilk br...
Scrumptious Peanut Butter Cookies
From classic cookies to rich brownies, these sweets are proven crowd pleasers.
Our Best Bar Cookies
These cookie bar recipes -- including creamy peanut butter bars, fruit-filled bars, chocolaty caramel treats, and m...
Chocolate Cookie Recipes
Here at BHG, we're always searching for the best chocolate cookie recipes, and chocolate chip cookies are just the...