Double Dark Chocolate Cookies
- Makes: 36 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 12 mins 350°F
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. In a medium bowl whisk together flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; beat into sugar mixture. Stir in chopped chocolate.
- Drop dough by slightly rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake about 12 minutes or just until edges are set. Let cool 1 minute on cookie sheets. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool. Makes about 36 cookies.
Nutrition Facts (Double Dark Chocolate Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 74 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 9 mg chol. ,
- 25 mg sodium ,
- 9 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.
Our Best Cookie Videos
Straight from our test kitchen, we've compiled our best how-to videos for creating, baking, and decorating cookies.
How to Make Bar Cookies
Follow our easy step-by-step directions for making this one-pan dessert.
Tips to Baking Perfect Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies, snickerdoodles, peanut butter cookies: Every type of cookie has its own personality and nee...
Our Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fill your home with the intoxicating aroma of warm chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven. Whether you prefer y...
Blissful Brownie Recipes
Make tasty fudgy brownies for a crowd! This collection of our best brownies has it all. Try a classic buttermilk br...
Scrumptious Peanut Butter Cookies
From classic cookies to rich brownies, these sweets are proven crowd pleasers.
Our Best Bar Cookies
These cookie bar recipes -- including creamy peanut butter bars, fruit-filled bars, chocolaty caramel treats, and m...
Chocolate Cookie Recipes
Here at BHG, we're always searching for the best chocolate cookie recipes, and chocolate chip cookies are just the...