Peanut Butter Bars
- Makes: 16 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 25 mins 350°F
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter*
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 2 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter*
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a small bowl combine cranberries and water. Cover and let stand 20 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter and 1/2 cup peanut butter with an electric mixer until well combined. Beat in the brown sugar. Beat in the flour on low speed (mixture will be crumbly). Stir in the peanuts and drained cranberries. Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium bowl beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the egg, 2/3 cup peanut butter, and lemon juice; beat until well combined. Spread evenly over crust. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top, pressing lightly into filling.
- Bake about 25 minutes more or until top is lightly browned and edges are puffed. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 16 bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Do not use natural peanut butter in this recipe.
Nutrition Facts (Peanut Butter Bars)
- Per serving:
- 275 kcal ,
- 19 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 33 mg chol. ,
- 197 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 12 g sugar ,
- 8 g pro.
How to Test Cookies for Doneness
Cookies can go from doughy to just right to burned in only a few minutes because they have a relatively short bakin...
Delightful Christmas Cookie Gifts
Try some of these creative ways to wrap and package Christmas cookies and treats. From tins and jars to festive bag...
Christmas Cookies Kids Can Help Make
From cute meringue mice to cheery holiday snowmen, these festive and simple sweets are fun to make with little ones...
Santa's Reindeer Sugar Cookies
These sugar cookies are works of art. Decked out in holiday attire, each reindeer cookie sports a different easy an...
Ethnic-Inspired Holiday Cookie Recipes
Spice up your holiday baking by whipping up a batch of cookies inspired by another culture. Every recipe here is a...
Rich & Chocolaty Holiday Cookies
From triple chocolate cookie sandwiches to chocolaty caramel thumbprints, these decadent holiday cookies are our gr...
Pretty Patterned Cookies
Create new holiday favorites with patterned cookies that mix delicious flavors and dazzle the eye.
Two-Bite Delights for Christmas
These delightful little cookies, tarts, and candies prove that good things come in small packages.