Grilled Summer Vegetables with Summer Hollandaise
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Grill: 5 mins
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus spears and/or Broccolini, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 recipe Summer Hollandaise
- Heat a charcoal or as grill to medium. Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. Spread asparagus and Broccolini on 2 large baking pans. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Turn to coat.
- Place vegetables on grill perpendicular to bars of grill grate. Cook just until tender, 3 to 5 minutes, turning once.Transfer to a platter. Serve with Summer Hollandaise.
From the Test Kitchen
If you don't want to grill the vegetables, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Leave coated vegetables in the pan. Roast, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until crisp tender, turning once. Serve as above.
Vegetables can be grilled ahead, covered, and chilled. Serve at room temperature.
- In a blender container or small food processor, combine egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, mustard powder, and white pepper, if using. Cover; blend or process until smooth. With machine running, drizzle in melted butter until thickened. Add tarragon; blend just until chopped. Transfer to a small saucepan and gently heat over low heat, 2 to 4 minutes, until warm. Serve with Grilled Vegetables
Nutrition Facts (Summer Hollandaise)
- Per serving:
- 124 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- 100 mg chol. ,
- 250 mg sodium ,
- 1 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 1 g pro.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Summer Vegetables with Summer Hollandaise)
- Per serving:
- 200 kcal ,
- 17 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 100 mg chol. ,
- 425 mg sodium ,
- 10 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.
Don't Let Summer Pass Without Grilling These Burger Recipes
Take backyard burgers from monotonous to memorable with these next-level burger recipes. When you've had your fill...
Our Best Grilled Chicken Recipes
Impress your cookout crowd with our grilled chicken recipes, including juicy chicken burger recipes, zesty barbecue...
Our Best Grilled Steak Recipes
These simple grilled steak recipes are foolproof and delicious. Whether you opt for a quick and classic route or sa...
Our Best Grilled Shrimp
You already know that grilling shrimp is one of the easiest ways to get a fresh, stylish meal on the table quickly....
Our Best Grilled Vegetables
We're big fans of grilled vegetables. You can dish them up in a hurry on busy weeknights or serve a crowd at your n...
Irresistible Grilled Desserts
Why stop at burgers? You can create delicious grilled dessert recipes without ever leaving the patio. With berry-to...
Easy and Irresistible Slow Cooker BBQ Recipes
Barbecue recipes aren't just for the grill. Our roundup of slow cooker BBQ recipes include ribs, brisket, pork, and...
Fast and Fabulous BBQ Sides
A summer grill-out is nothing without some classic barbecue sides. These BBQ side dish recipes -- including creamy...
Add excitement to summer barbecues with these hot-off-the-grill, party-ready appetizers. Whether you want spicy shr...
Ooey-gooey s'mores aren't just for the campfire anymore. Try the sticky-sweet summer favorite any time of the year...