Roasted Asparagus-Orange Salad
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Roast: 15 mins 400°F
- 2 pounds green, white, and/or purple asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 oranges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place asparagus in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt, and toss to coat. Roast, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes, until asparagus is crisp-tender, tossing once. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, shred enough peel from one orange to equal 1 tsp.; set aside. Juice half an orange. Peel then slice the remaining half and whole orange half in rounds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine orange peel, orange juice, garlic, mustard, fennel seeds, olive oil, and vinegar. Cover with lid and shake to combine.
- Drizzle a little of the dressing on the asparagus; toss to coat. Carefully toss in orange slices. Pass any remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts (Roasted Asparagus-Orange Salad)
- Per serving:
- 85 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 90 mg sodium ,
- 8 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.
Delicious Asparagus Recipes
Whether grilled, roasted, or baked, asparagus adds flavor and nutrients to any meal. Here are our favorite asparagu...
In-Season Spring Dinners
Along with pastel flowers and warmer weather, spring brings a bounty of fresh produce to your kitchen table. From a...
Farmers Market Recipes
All around the country, farmers bring their abundance to town, allowing us to feast through all four seasons (if yo...
Healthy Vegetable Recipes
Need more vegetables in your diet? These delicious and creative vegetable recipes will help you get the recommended...
How to Roast Vegetables
Roasted vegetables are as easy to make as they are delicious to eat. Oven-roasting vegetables brings out their natu...
7-Ingredient (or Less) Dinners You'll Wish You Discovered Before Today
Seven ingredients (not counting salt, pepper, or oil) are all you need for a wholesome dinner that comes together i...
Healthy Dinner Recipes for Spring
Shake off the winter chill with healthy spring recipes including silky carrot soup and avocado-slathered sandwiches...
Fresh Spring Slow Cooker Recipes
Get out and enjoy spring weather while dinner cooks itself! How? Use our slow cooker recipes. We've compiled some o...