Asparagus, Frisee, Edamame, and Parsley Salad
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet rice wine (mirin)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 6 cups torn frisee lettuce
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (sweet soybeans), thawed
- 1 cup coarsely snipped fresh parsley
- For dressing, in a small bowl stir together 1 tablespoon of the avocado oil, the rice wine, rice vinegar, soy sauce, salt, and garlic. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the remaining 3 tablespoons avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until asparagus starts to brown and is crisp-tender, tossing occasionally.
- Transfer asparagus to a large bowl. Add frisee, edamame, and parsley. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently.
From the Test Kitchen
Icon: high fiber, energy boosting, vegetarian
Nutrition Facts (Asparagus, Frisee, Edamame, and Parsley Salad)
- Per serving:
- 211 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 10 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 823 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 7 g pro.
Delicious Asparagus Recipes
Whether grilled, roasted, or baked, asparagus adds flavor and nutrients to any meal. Here are our favorite asparagu...
In-Season Spring Dinners
Along with pastel flowers and warmer weather, spring brings a bounty of fresh produce to your kitchen table. From a...
Farmers Market Recipes
All around the country, farmers bring their abundance to town, allowing us to feast through all four seasons (if yo...
Healthy Vegetable Recipes
Need more vegetables in your diet? These delicious and creative vegetable recipes will help you get the recommended...
How to Roast Vegetables
Roasted vegetables are as easy to make as they are delicious to eat. Oven-roasting vegetables brings out their natu...
7-Ingredient (or Less) Dinners You'll Wish You Discovered Before Today
Seven ingredients (not counting salt, pepper, or oil) are all you need for a wholesome dinner that comes together i...
Healthy Dinner Recipes for Spring
Shake off the winter chill with healthy spring recipes, including silky carrot soup and avocado-slathered sandwiche...
Fresh Spring Slow Cooker Recipes
Get out and enjoy spring weather while dinner cooks itself! How? Use our slow cooker recipes. We've compiled some o...