Asparagus with Orange Mayonnaise
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears or one 10-ounce package frozen asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise dressing or salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- A dash of ground red pepper
- Orange slices, halved (optional)
- Snap off and discard woody bases from fresh asparagus. If desired, scrape off scales. In a medium covered saucepan cook fresh asparagus in a small amount of boiling water for 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. (Or, cook frozen asparagus according to package directions.) Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the yogurt, mayonnaise dressing or salad dressing, orange peel, and ground red pepper. Spoon over hot asparagus. If desired, garnish with orange slices. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Asparagus with Orange Mayonnaise)
- Per serving:
- 46 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 3 mg chol. ,
- 60 mg sodium ,
- 3 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 2 g pro.
Delicious Asparagus Recipes
Whether grilled, roasted, or baked, asparagus adds flavor and nutrients to any meal. Here are our favorite asparagu...
In-Season Spring Dinners
Along with pastel flowers and warmer weather, spring brings a bounty of fresh produce to your kitchen table. From a...
Farmers Market Recipes
All around the country, farmers bring their abundance to town, allowing us to feast through all four seasons (if yo...
Healthy Vegetable Recipes
Need more vegetables in your diet? These delicious and creative vegetable recipes will help you get the recommended...
How to Roast Vegetables
Roasted vegetables are as easy to make as they are delicious to eat. Oven-roasting vegetables brings out their natu...
7-Ingredient (or Less) Dinners You'll Wish You Discovered Before Today
Seven ingredients (not counting salt, pepper, or oil) are all you need for a wholesome dinner that comes together i...
Healthy Dinner Recipes for Spring
Shake off the winter chill with healthy spring recipes including silky carrot soup and avocado-slathered sandwiches...
Fresh Spring Slow Cooker Recipes
Get out and enjoy spring weather while dinner cooks itself! How? Use our slow cooker recipes. We've compiled some o...