Spring Green Smoothies
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Cool: 5 mins
- 4 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (1/2 cup)
- 3 cups packaged fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 2 ripe kiwifruits, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 3/4 cup ice cubes
- In a small saucepan cook asparagus, covered, in a small amount of boiling water about 5 minutes or until very tender. Drain; let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a blender combine asparagus, spinach, grapes, kiwifruits, and grape juice. Cover and blend until very smooth, stopping and scraping sides of blender as needed. Add ice cubes. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into tall glasses and serve immediately.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare smoothies as directed. Transfer to an airtight freezer container. Cover and chill for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 6 months. If frozen, thaw in the refrigerator. Stir well before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Spring Green Smoothies)
- Per serving:
- 85 kcal ,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 37 mg sodium ,
- 20 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 15 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.
Delicious Asparagus Recipes
Whether grilled, roasted, or baked, asparagus adds flavor and nutrients to any meal. Here are our favorite asparagu...
In-Season Spring Dinners
Along with pastel flowers and warmer weather, spring brings a bounty of fresh produce to your kitchen table. From a...
Farmers Market Recipes
All around the country, farmers bring their abundance to town, allowing us to feast through all four seasons (if yo...
Healthy Vegetable Recipes
Need more vegetables in your diet? These delicious and creative vegetable recipes will help you get the recommended...
How to Roast Vegetables
Roasted vegetables are as easy to make as they are delicious to eat. Oven-roasting vegetables brings out their natu...
7-Ingredient (or Less) Dinners You'll Wish You Discovered Before Today
Seven ingredients (not counting salt, pepper, or oil) are all you need for a wholesome dinner that comes together i...
Healthy Dinner Recipes for Spring
Shake off the winter chill with healthy spring recipes, including silky carrot soup and avocado-slathered sandwiche...
Fresh Spring Slow Cooker Recipes
Get out and enjoy spring weather while dinner cooks itself! How? Use our slow cooker recipes. We've compiled some o...