Spring Breakfast Pizza with Spiced Hollandaise
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 45 mins
- Bake: 30 mins 375°F
- Rise: 20 mins
- 1 1/4 ounce package fast-rising active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup warm water (120 degrees F)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar or fontina cheese
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces cooked ham, cubed
- Spiced Hollandaise, recipe below
- Coat 12-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In medium bowl combine yeast and sugar. Stir in water, oil, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Stir in flours and oats. Cover; let stand in warm place 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. With damp hands press dough into prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim asparagus; bias-cut into 1-inch pieces. Place in microwave-safe bowl with 1/4 cup water. Loosely cover with plastic wrap. Microcook 1 to 2 minutes until crisp-tender; drain. Sprinkle crust with half the cheese. Top with asparagus, sliced eggs, tomatoes, ham, and remaining cheese. Bake 15 minutes more. Serve with Spicy Hollandaise for drizzling.
- Meanwhile, prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions adding chili powder to dry sauce mix and lemon juice to finished sauce. Serve with pizza. Makes 6 servings.
- Prepare hollandaise sauce mix according to package directions. Stir in lemon juice and chili powder.
Nutrition Facts (Spring Breakfast Pizza with Spiced Hollandaise)
- Per serving:
- 558 kcal ,
- 33 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 13 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 176 mg chol. ,
- 828 mg sodium ,
- 48 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 18 g pro.
Delicious Asparagus Recipes
Whether grilled, roasted, or baked, asparagus adds flavor and nutrients to any meal. Here are our favorite asparagu...
In-Season Spring Dinners
Along with pastel flowers and warmer weather, spring brings a bounty of fresh produce to your kitchen table. From a...
Farmers Market Recipes
All around the country, farmers bring their abundance to town, allowing us to feast through all four seasons (if yo...
Healthy Vegetable Recipes
Need more vegetables in your diet? These delicious and creative vegetable recipes will help you get the recommended...
How to Roast Vegetables
Roasted vegetables are as easy to make as they are delicious to eat. Oven-roasting vegetables brings out their natu...
7-Ingredient (or Less) Dinners You'll Wish You Discovered Before Today
Seven ingredients (not counting salt, pepper, or oil) are all you need for a wholesome dinner that comes together i...
Healthy Dinner Recipes for Spring
Shake off the winter chill with healthy spring recipes, including silky carrot soup and avocado-slathered sandwiche...
Fresh Spring Slow Cooker Recipes
Get out and enjoy spring weather while dinner cooks itself! How? Use our slow cooker recipes. We've compiled some o...