Skillet Bucatini with Spring Vegetables
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 35 mins
- 4 ounces dried bucatini pasta, thick spaghetti or spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 12 ounces asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces (2 1/2 cups)
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 cups red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved (10 ounces)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- In a large pot cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Return pasta to pot. Add 1 Tbsp. of the peanut oil. Toss until well combined; set aside.
- Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed wok or 12-inch stainless-steel skillet over high heat until a bead of water vaporizes within 2 seconds of contact. Swirl in remaining 1 Tbsp. peanut oil.
- Add asparagus; stir-fry 2 minutes or until bright green. Add garlic; stir-fry 10 seconds or until fragrant. Add cherry tomatoes and 1/2 tsp. of the salt; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add basil and olives; stir-fry 30 seconds. Remove pan from heat. Add pepper, remaining 1/4 tsp. salt, and pasta; toss to combine. Add enough reserved pasta water to create desired consistency. To serve, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Pass with lemon wedges, if desired.
Nutrition Facts (Skillet Bucatini with Spring Vegetables)
- Per serving:
- 278 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 9 mg chol. ,
- 785 mg sodium ,
- 33 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 11 g pro.
Delicious Asparagus Recipes
Whether grilled, roasted, or baked, asparagus adds flavor and nutrients to any meal. Here are our favorite asparagu...
In-Season Spring Dinners
Along with pastel flowers and warmer weather, spring brings a bounty of fresh produce to your kitchen table. From a...
Farmers Market Recipes
All around the country, farmers bring their abundance to town, allowing us to feast through all four seasons (if yo...
Healthy Vegetable Recipes
Need more vegetables in your diet? These delicious and creative vegetable recipes will help you get the recommended...
How to Roast Vegetables
Roasted vegetables are as easy to make as they are delicious to eat. Oven-roasting vegetables brings out their natu...
7-Ingredient (or Less) Dinners You'll Wish You Discovered Before Today
Seven ingredients (not counting salt, pepper, or oil) are all you need for a wholesome dinner that comes together i...
Healthy Dinner Recipes for Spring
Shake off the winter chill with healthy spring recipes including silky carrot soup and avocado-slathered sandwiches...
Fresh Spring Slow Cooker Recipes
Get out and enjoy spring weather while dinner cooks itself! How? Use our slow cooker recipes. We've compiled some o...