Lamb Fatah with Asparagus
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins to 20 mins
- Stand: 5 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces boneless lamb leg or beef sirloin steak, trimmed and cut into 2x1/2-inch pieces
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can 50% less sodium beef broth
- 1 cup whole wheat Israeli couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound thin asparagus spears, bias-sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped red sweet pepper (1 medium)
- Snipped fresh oregano
- Lemon wedges
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add lamb; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown on all sides.
- Stir in broth, couscous, oregano, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in asparagus and red pepper. Cover and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Fluff lamb mixture lightly with a fork. Sprinkle with oregano and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts (Lamb Fatah with Asparagus)
- Per serving:
- 334 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 54 mg chol. ,
- 390 mg sodium ,
- 39 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 26 g pro.
Delicious Asparagus Recipes
Whether grilled, roasted, or baked, asparagus adds flavor and nutrients to any meal. Here are our favorite asparagu...
In-Season Spring Dinners
Along with pastel flowers and warmer weather, spring brings a bounty of fresh produce to your kitchen table. From a...
Farmers Market Recipes
All around the country, farmers bring their abundance to town, allowing us to feast through all four seasons (if yo...
Healthy Vegetable Recipes
Need more vegetables in your diet? These delicious and creative vegetable recipes will help you get the recommended...
How to Roast Vegetables
Roasted vegetables are as easy to make as they are delicious to eat. Oven-roasting vegetables brings out their natu...
7-Ingredient (or Less) Dinners You'll Wish You Discovered Before Today
Seven ingredients (not counting salt, pepper, or oil) are all you need for a wholesome dinner that comes together i...
Healthy Dinner Recipes for Spring
Shake off the winter chill with healthy spring recipes, including silky carrot soup and avocado-slathered sandwiche...
Fresh Spring Slow Cooker Recipes
Get out and enjoy spring weather while dinner cooks itself! How? Use our slow cooker recipes. We've compiled some o...