Avocado and Asparagus Egg Sandwiches
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
- 1/2 pound green, white, and/or purple asparagus, trimmed
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 8 slice white, wheat, or brioche bread
- 8 slice crisp-cooked bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place asparagus in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Cover with about 2 cups of boiling water. Let stand for 10 to 12 minutes, until bright green and crisp-tender. Drain. Finely chop three of the asparagus spears; set aside.
- In a small bowl mash avocado with lime juice. Stir in chopped asparagus; set aside.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Break eggs into skillet. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook eggs for 6 minutes, until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken. If desired, turn eggs, to fully cook the yolks.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread. Spread avocado-asparagus on four slices. Lightly sprinkle with salt. Layer bacon, egg, asparagus, and remaining bread.
From the Test Kitchen
If desired, add 2 slices fresh tomato to each sandwich.
Nutrition Facts (Avocado and Asparagus Egg Sandwiches)
- Per serving:
- 410 kcal ,
- 24 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 10 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 219 mg chol. ,
- 896 mg sodium ,
- 31 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 18 g pro.
Delicious Asparagus Recipes
Whether grilled, roasted, or baked, asparagus adds flavor and nutrients to any meal. Here are our favorite asparagu...
In-Season Spring Dinners
Along with pastel flowers and warmer weather, spring brings a bounty of fresh produce to your kitchen table. From a...
Farmers Market Recipes
All around the country, farmers bring their abundance to town, allowing us to feast through all four seasons (if yo...
Healthy Vegetable Recipes
Need more vegetables in your diet? These delicious and creative vegetable recipes will help you get the recommended...
How to Roast Vegetables
Roasted vegetables are as easy to make as they are delicious to eat. Oven-roasting vegetables brings out their natu...
7-Ingredient (or Less) Dinners You'll Wish You Discovered Before Today
Seven ingredients (not counting salt, pepper, or oil) are all you need for a wholesome dinner that comes together i...
Healthy Dinner Recipes for Spring
Shake off the winter chill with healthy spring recipes including silky carrot soup and avocado-slathered sandwiches...
Fresh Spring Slow Cooker Recipes
Get out and enjoy spring weather while dinner cooks itself! How? Use our slow cooker recipes. We've compiled some o...