- Makes: 8 servings
- Start to Finish: 20 mins
- 24 asparagus spears (1 to 1-1/4 pounds), trimmed to 6-inch lengths
- 24 thin slices provolone cheese (12 to 14 ounces)
- 12 very thin slices prosciutto (8 to 10 ounces), halved lengthwise
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 - 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Place a steamer basket in a large skillet. Add enough water to come just below bottom of basket. Bring to boiling. Place asparagus in basket. Reduce heat to medium-low. Steam, covered, for 4 minutes. Remove asparagus from basket; immerse in ice water to cool quickly. Drain asparagus; pat dry with paper towels.
- Wrap a slice of cheese and a half-slice of prosciutto around each asparagus spear. Arrange wrapped asparagus on a serving plate. If desired, cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle with cracked pepper. Drizzle with oil and balsamic vinegar. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed through Step 2. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Serve as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus)
- Per serving:
- 268 kcal ,
- 20 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 29 mg chol. ,
- 876 mg sodium ,
- 4 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 19 g pro.
Delicious Asparagus Recipes
Whether grilled, roasted, or baked, asparagus adds flavor and nutrients to any meal. Here are our favorite asparagu...
In-Season Spring Dinners
Along with pastel flowers and warmer weather, spring brings a bounty of fresh produce to your kitchen table. From a...
Farmers Market Recipes
All around the country, farmers bring their abundance to town, allowing us to feast through all four seasons (if yo...
Healthy Vegetable Recipes
Need more vegetables in your diet? These delicious and creative vegetable recipes will help you get the recommended...
How to Roast Vegetables
Roasted vegetables are as easy to make as they are delicious to eat. Oven-roasting vegetables brings out their natu...
7-Ingredient (or Less) Dinners You'll Wish You Discovered Before Today
Seven ingredients (not counting salt, pepper, or oil) are all you need for a wholesome dinner that comes together i...
Healthy Dinner Recipes for Spring
Shake off the winter chill with healthy spring recipes including silky carrot soup and avocado-slathered sandwiches...
Fresh Spring Slow Cooker Recipes
Get out and enjoy spring weather while dinner cooks itself! How? Use our slow cooker recipes. We've compiled some o...