Asparagus with Raspberry Dijon Dipping Sauce
- Makes: 12 servings
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
- 1 pound fresh medium asparagus spears
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- dash salt
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Shredded red cabbage (optional)
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
- Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. If desired, remove tips and strings from sugar snap peas. In a large deep skillet bring 1 inch of salted water to boiling. Add asparagus; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Using tongs, transfer asparagus to a large bowl of ice water to cool quickly. Add sugar snap peas to simmering water and cook about 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and transfer to bowl of ice water.
- Meanwhile, for dipping sauce, in a blender container or food processor bowl combine vinegar, honey mustard, pepper, and salt. Cover and blend or process until combined. With the blender or processor running, slowly add the oils in a thin, steady stream. Continue blending or processing until mixture is thick.
- If desired, line a serving platter with shredded red cabbage. Arrange asparagus and sugar snap peas on top of the cabbage. Serve with dipping sauce. If desired, garnish with raspberries. Makes 12 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare the sauce ahead; cover and refrigerate sauce for up to 4 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Asparagus with Raspberry Dijon Dipping Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 96 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 14 mg sodium ,
- 3 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 1 g pro.
Delicious Asparagus Recipes
Whether grilled, roasted, or baked, asparagus adds flavor and nutrients to any meal. Here are our favorite asparagu...
In-Season Spring Dinners
Along with pastel flowers and warmer weather, spring brings a bounty of fresh produce to your kitchen table. From a...
Farmers Market Recipes
All around the country, farmers bring their abundance to town, allowing us to feast through all four seasons (if yo...
Healthy Vegetable Recipes
Need more vegetables in your diet? These delicious and creative vegetable recipes will help you get the recommended...
How to Roast Vegetables
Roasted vegetables are as easy to make as they are delicious to eat. Oven-roasting vegetables brings out their natu...
7-Ingredient (or Less) Dinners You'll Wish You Discovered Before Today
Seven ingredients (not counting salt, pepper, or oil) are all you need for a wholesome dinner that comes together i...
Healthy Dinner Recipes for Spring
Shake off the winter chill with healthy spring recipes, including silky carrot soup and avocado-slathered sandwiche...
Fresh Spring Slow Cooker Recipes
Get out and enjoy spring weather while dinner cooks itself! How? Use our slow cooker recipes. We've compiled some o...