Asparagus Fritter Sticks with Dill Mustard
- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 3 mins per batch
- Bake: 200°F
- 1 cup cold water
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 pound green, white, and/or purple asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill weed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place an ovenproof dish in oven. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. For batter, in a large bowl whisk together the water, cornmeal, flour, cornstarch, egg, baking powder, and salt until well combined. Batter will be lumpy.
- In a large skillet heat about 1 inch of oil to 350 degrees F. Working with 3 or 4 spears at a time, dip asparagus into batter, letting excess batter drip into dish. Carefully slide coated spears into hot oil. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes, depending on thickness of spears, until golden. Remove with tongs. Place on paper towels to drain, then transfer to baking dish in warm oven while frying remaining spears.
- Meanwhile, for dip, in a small bowl combine mustard, dill weed, and honey. Serve with asparagus fritter sticks.
Nutrition Facts (Asparagus Fritter Sticks with Dill Mustard)
- Per serving:
- 132 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 8 mg chol. ,
- 298 mg sodium ,
- 11 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.
Delicious Asparagus Recipes
Whether grilled, roasted, or baked, asparagus adds flavor and nutrients to any meal. Here are our favorite asparagu...
In-Season Spring Dinners
Along with pastel flowers and warmer weather, spring brings a bounty of fresh produce to your kitchen table. From a...
Farmers Market Recipes
All around the country, farmers bring their abundance to town, allowing us to feast through all four seasons (if yo...
Healthy Vegetable Recipes
Need more vegetables in your diet? These delicious and creative vegetable recipes will help you get the recommended...
How to Roast Vegetables
Roasted vegetables are as easy to make as they are delicious to eat. Oven-roasting vegetables brings out their natu...
7-Ingredient (or Less) Dinners You'll Wish You Discovered Before Today
Seven ingredients (not counting salt, pepper, or oil) are all you need for a wholesome dinner that comes together i...
Healthy Dinner Recipes for Spring
Shake off the winter chill with healthy spring recipes, including silky carrot soup and avocado-slathered sandwiche...
Fresh Spring Slow Cooker Recipes
Get out and enjoy spring weather while dinner cooks itself! How? Use our slow cooker recipes. We've compiled some o...