Gluten Free Wine-Braised Brisket with Onions
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Marinate: 12 hrs to 24 hrs
- Slow Cook: 10 hrs to 12 hrs (low) or 5 to 6 hours (high)
- 1 3 pound boneless beef brisket
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can gluten-free beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 10 ounces whole fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 large red onions, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley or chives
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Hot mashed potatoes (optional)
- Trim fat from meat. Sprinkle meat with the 1/2 teaspoon salt and the 1/2 teaspoon pepper. If necessary, cut meat to fit into the removeable crockery liner of a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Place meat in the crockery liner. Pour broth and wine over meat. Top with mushrooms, red onions, bay leaf, garlic, and thyme. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours.
- Place the crockery liner in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours. Carefully transfer meat to a cutting board; slice meat across the grain.
- For sauce, transfer cooking liquid to a large saucepan. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Remove and discard bay leaf. Bring cooking liquid to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, until mixture reaches desired consistency. Stir in parsley. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Serve meat with sauce and, if desired, hot mashed potatoes.
Nutrition Facts (Gluten Free Wine-Braised Brisket with Onions)
- Per serving:
- 222 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 120 mg chol. ,
- 337 mg sodium ,
- 5 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 25 g pro.
If you're looking to follow a gluten-free diet, whip up one of these delicious, gluten-free recipes under 500 calor...
Garlicky Zucchini Noodles (Without The Pasta!)
You won't believe how easy these noodles are! Perfect for a simple summer dinner, this quick meal comes together in...
How to Cook Quinoa
Looking for ways to integrate more whole grain goodness into your diet? Quinoa is one of the fastest-cooking choice...
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
A delicious healthy breakfast recipe—one that is tasty and loaded with nutrition—can be the difference between a gr...
- Week of Gluten-Free Recipes
20-Minute Peanut Sauced Veggies and Noodles
A tangy homemade peanut sauce tops a vegetarian pasta dish that you can make in minutes -- no grocery trip needed!
Healthy Mediterranean Diet Recipes
There's so much to love about the Mediterranean diet: fresh vegetables, tons of herbs, and high-protein recipes. Ch...
Healthy Eating Tips
With our fabulous healthy recipes, expert guidelines, and helpful tips, you can establish healthy eating habits for...