Gluten Free White Chicken Chili
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Slow Cook: 8 hrs to 10 hrs (low) or 4 to 5 hours (high)
- 3 15 1/2 ounce cans gluten-free Great Northern, pinto, or cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red, green, and/or yellow sweet peppers (2 medium)
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
- 2 fresh jalapeno chile peppers, seeded and chopped*
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 3 1/2 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- Monterey Jack cheese, shredded, and/or gluten-free tortilla chips, broken (optional)
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine beans, chicken, sweet peppers, onion, jalapeno peppers, cumin, garlic, salt, and oregano. Pour broth over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. If desired, top each serving with cheese and/or tortilla chips.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
For easy cleanup:
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your chili is finished cooking, spoon it out of your slow cooker. Once the food is out of your slow cooker liner, simply dispose of the liner. Note: Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts (Gluten Free White Chicken Chili)
- Per serving:
- 422 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 52 mg chol. ,
- 709 mg sodium ,
- 54 g carb. ,
- 13 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 38 g pro.
If you're looking to follow a gluten-free diet, whip up one of these delicious, gluten-free recipes under 500 calor...
Garlicky Zucchini Noodles (Without The Pasta!)
You won't believe how easy these noodles are! Perfect for a simple summer dinner, this quick meal comes together in...
How to Cook Quinoa
Looking for ways to integrate more whole grain goodness into your diet? Quinoa is one of the fastest-cooking choice...
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
A delicious healthy breakfast recipe—one that is tasty and loaded with nutrition—can be the difference between a gr...
- Week of Gluten-Free Recipes
20-Minute Peanut Sauced Veggies and Noodles
A tangy homemade peanut sauce tops a vegetarian pasta dish that you can make in minutes -- no grocery trip needed!
Healthy Mediterranean Diet Recipes
There's so much to love about the Mediterranean diet: fresh vegetables, tons of herbs, and high-protein recipes. Ch...
Healthy Eating Tips
With our fabulous healthy recipes, expert guidelines, and helpful tips, you can establish healthy eating habits for...