Gluten Free Greek Turkey Breast
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 35 mins
- Slow Cook: 6 hrs (low) or 3 hours (high)
- 2 cups chopped onions (2 large)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup coarsely snipped dried tomatoes (not oil-pack)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium gluten-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free Greek seasoning blend
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1 3/4 pound skinless, boneless turkey breast half
- Crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1 recipe Greek Cucumber Sauce
- In a 4-quart slow cooker combine onions, olives, dried tomatoes, broth, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of the Greek seasoning, and the garlic.
- In a small bowl whisk together oil, salt, pepper, and the remaining 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning. Brush turkey with oil mixture. Place turkey in cooker, trimming to fit if necessary.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 hours.
- Remove turkey from cooker; slice turkey. Arrange turkey slices on a serving platter. Spoon onion-tomato mixture over turkey. Sprinkle with cheese (if desired) and serve with Greek Cucumber Sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
For easy cleanup:
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, remove turkey from cooker; slice turkey and serve as directed in recipe. Once the food is out of your slow cooker liner, simply dispose of the liner. Note: Do not lift or transport liner with food inside.
Greek Cucumber Sauce
- In a medium bowl combine 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, 2/3 cup peeled and grated English cucumber, 2 teaspoons snipped fresh mint, and 1 clove garlic, minced. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Gluten Free Greek Turkey Breast )
- Per serving:
- 329 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 87 mg chol. ,
- 490 mg sodium ,
- 12 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 35 g pro.
If you're looking to follow a gluten-free diet, whip up one of these delicious, gluten-free recipes under 500 calor...
Garlicky Zucchini Noodles (Without The Pasta!)
You won't believe how easy these noodles are! Perfect for a simple summer dinner, this quick meal comes together in...
How to Cook Quinoa
Looking for ways to integrate more whole grain goodness into your diet? Quinoa is one of the fastest-cooking choice...
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
A delicious healthy breakfast recipe—one that is tasty and loaded with nutrition—can be the difference between a gr...
- Week of Gluten-Free Recipes
20-Minute Peanut Sauced Veggies and Noodles
A tangy homemade peanut sauce tops a vegetarian pasta dish that you can make in minutes -- no grocery trip needed!
Healthy Mediterranean Diet Recipes
There's so much to love about the Mediterranean diet: fresh vegetables, tons of herbs, and high-protein recipes. Ch...
Healthy Eating Tips
With our fabulous healthy recipes, expert guidelines, and helpful tips, you can establish healthy eating habits for...