Gluten Free Ravioli Lasagna with Chianti Sauce
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 45 mins
- Stand: 10 minutes
- Bake: 1 hr 15 mins 375°F
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup Chianti or other full-flavor dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 12 ounces gluten-free Italian-flavor cooked chicken sausage links, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 4 1/2 cups sliced fresh cremini or button mushrooms (12 ounces)
- 1 7 ounce jar roasted red sweet peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh basil
- 2 9 ounce packages refrigerated gluten-free cheese-filled ravioli
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- Snipped fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For sauce, in a large saucepan heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook about 3 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, Chianti, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until mixture is slightly reduced.
- Meanwhile, in an extra-large skillet heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add sausage and mushrooms; cook until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in roasted peppers and the 1/2 cup basil.
- To assemble lasagna, spread one-fourth of the sauce in the bottom of a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Top with one package of the ravioli and half of the sausage mixture. Spread another one-fourth of the sauce over sausage mixture in dish. Sprinkle with half of the cheese; spread another one-fourth of the sauce over cheese in dish. Top with the remaining ravioli, sausage mixture, sauce, and cheese. (To serve today, omit Step 4. Continue as directed in Step 5, except bake, covered, for 35 minutes. Remove foil. Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until lasagna is heated through and cheese is bubbly.)
- Bake, covered, for 35 minutes. Remove foil. Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until lasagna is heated through and cheese is bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with additional basil.
Nutrition Facts (Gluten Free Ravioli Lasagna with Chianti Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 399 kcal ,
- 20 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 83 mg chol. ,
- 828 mg sodium ,
- 29 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 25 g pro.
If you're looking to follow a gluten-free diet, whip up one of these delicious, gluten-free recipes under 500 calor...
Garlicky Zucchini Noodles (Without The Pasta!)
You won't believe how easy these noodles are! Perfect for a simple summer dinner, this quick meal comes together in...
How to Cook Quinoa
Looking for ways to integrate more whole grain goodness into your diet? Quinoa is one of the fastest-cooking choice...
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
A delicious healthy breakfast recipe—one that is tasty and loaded with nutrition—can be the difference between a gr...
- Week of Gluten-Free Recipes
20-Minute Peanut Sauced Veggies and Noodles
A tangy homemade peanut sauce tops a vegetarian pasta dish that you can make in minutes -- no grocery trip needed!
Healthy Mediterranean Diet Recipes
There's so much to love about the Mediterranean diet: fresh vegetables, tons of herbs, and high-protein recipes. Ch...
Healthy Eating Tips
With our fabulous healthy recipes, expert guidelines, and helpful tips, you can establish healthy eating habits for...