Gluten Free Chicken Meatball Noodle Bowl
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
- 4 ounces dried thin rice noodles
- 12 ounces ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 fresh red Fresno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped*
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 cups shredded leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot (1 medium)
- Fresh cilantro, sliced red Fresno chile peppers, sliced green onions, and/or lime wedges (optional)
- Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine ground chicken, the 2 tablespoons cilantro, the ginger, and salt. Shape mixture into 16 meatballs.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add meatballs. Cook about 10 minutes or until no longer pink (165 degrees F), turning occasionally. Remove from heat. Transfer meatballs to a plate.
- For sauce, add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and chopped chile pepper to the still-warm skillet. Stir in vinegar, honey, and lime juice.
- Divide lettuce among bowls. Top with noodles, carrot, and meatballs; drizzle with sauce. If desired, garnish with additional cilantro, sliced chile peppers, green onions, and/or lime wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts (Gluten Free Chicken Meatball Noodle Bowl)
- Per serving:
- 369 kcal ,
- 17 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 11 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 73 mg chol. ,
- 414 mg sodium ,
- 36 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 16 g pro.
If you're looking to follow a gluten-free diet, whip up one of these delicious, gluten-free recipes under 500 calor...
Garlicky Zucchini Noodles (Without The Pasta!)
You won't believe how easy these noodles are! Perfect for a simple summer dinner, this quick meal comes together in...
How to Cook Quinoa
Looking for ways to integrate more whole grain goodness into your diet? Quinoa is one of the fastest-cooking choice...
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
A delicious healthy breakfast recipe—one that is tasty and loaded with nutrition—can be the difference between a gr...
- Week of Gluten-Free Recipes
20-Minute Peanut Sauced Veggies and Noodles
A tangy homemade peanut sauce tops a vegetarian pasta dish that you can make in minutes -- no grocery trip needed!
Healthy Mediterranean Diet Recipes
There's so much to love about the Mediterranean diet: fresh vegetables, tons of herbs, and high-protein recipes. Ch...
Healthy Eating Tips
With our fabulous healthy recipes, expert guidelines, and helpful tips, you can establish healthy eating habits for...