Gluten Free Cheesy Pesto-Meatball Lasagna Rolls
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 35 mins
- Bake: 55 mins 350°F
- 3 cups Quick Gluten-Free Marinara Sauce (recipe below) or gluten-free bottled pasta sauce
- 12 dried gluten-free lasagna noodles
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, finely shredded (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green sweet pepper (1 small)
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free basil pesto or dried tomato pesto
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Fresh basil (optional)
- If using, prepare 20-Minute Marinara Sauce.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, except cook for 2 minutes less than the suggested time; drain. Place noodles in a single layer on a sheet of greased foil.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl combine egg, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the onion, sweet pepper, and pesto. Add ground beef; mix well. Divide mixture into 12 portions. Mound each portion at the end of each noodle and roll up; arrange filled noodles in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Pour the 20-Minute Marinara Sauce or bottled pasta sauce over filled noodles.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese and the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 10 minutes more or until cheeses are melted. If desired, garnish with basil.
Quick Gluten-Free Marinara Sauce
- Place tomatoes in a food processor or blender. Cover and process or blend until nearly smooth. Stir in basil; set aside.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until garlic is lightly browned. Stir in tomato mixture, crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes. Use on pasta, pizzas, and bruschetta.
Nutrition Facts (Quick Gluten-Free Marinara Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 26 kcal ,
- 1 g fat
- ( 0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 172 mg sodium ,
- 3 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 1 g pro.
Nutrition Facts (Gluten Free Cheesy Pesto-Meatball Lasagna Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 585 kcal ,
- 28 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 10 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 124 mg chol. ,
- 1009 mg sodium ,
- 47 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 38 g pro.
If you're looking to follow a gluten-free diet, whip up one of these delicious, gluten-free recipes under 500 calor...
Garlicky Zucchini Noodles (Without The Pasta!)
You won't believe how easy these noodles are! Perfect for a simple summer dinner, this quick meal comes together in...
How to Cook Quinoa
Looking for ways to integrate more whole grain goodness into your diet? Quinoa is one of the fastest-cooking choice...
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
A delicious healthy breakfast recipe—one that is tasty and loaded with nutrition—can be the difference between a gr...
- Week of Gluten-Free Recipes
20-Minute Peanut Sauced Veggies and Noodles
A tangy homemade peanut sauce tops a vegetarian pasta dish that you can make in minutes -- no grocery trip needed!
Healthy Mediterranean Diet Recipes
There's so much to love about the Mediterranean diet: fresh vegetables, tons of herbs, and high-protein recipes. Ch...
Healthy Eating Tips
With our fabulous healthy recipes, expert guidelines, and helpful tips, you can establish healthy eating habits for...