Gluten Free Cabbage and Carrot Salad with Peanut Sauce
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
- 1 3 3/4 ounce package bean threads (cellophane noodles)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons creamy gluten-free peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons tamari or liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrots (2 medium)
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- Lime wedges
- In a large bowl combine bean threads and enough hot water to cover; let stand for 10 minutes. Drain well. Using kitchen scissors, snip bean threads into smaller strands.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine broth, peanut butter, tamari, honey, lime juice, sesame oil, and garlic. Add cabbage and carrots; toss to coat.
- Divide bean threads among individual plates. Top with cabbage mixture and sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
To bump up the protein in this dish, top the salad with leftover grilled chicken or tofu.
Nutrition Facts (Gluten Free Cabbage and Carrot Salad with Peanut Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 275 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 668 mg sodium ,
- 43 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 14 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.
If you're looking to follow a gluten-free diet, whip up one of these delicious, gluten-free recipes under 500 calor...
Garlicky Zucchini Noodles (Without The Pasta!)
You won't believe how easy these noodles are! Perfect for a simple summer dinner, this quick meal comes together in...
How to Cook Quinoa
Looking for ways to integrate more whole grain goodness into your diet? Quinoa is one of the fastest-cooking choice...
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
A delicious healthy breakfast recipe—one that is tasty and loaded with nutrition—can be the difference between a gr...
- Week of Gluten-Free Recipes
20-Minute Peanut Sauced Veggies and Noodles
A tangy homemade peanut sauce tops a vegetarian pasta dish that you can make in minutes -- no grocery trip needed!
Healthy Mediterranean Diet Recipes
There's so much to love about the Mediterranean diet: fresh vegetables, tons of herbs, and high-protein recipes. Ch...
Healthy Eating Tips
With our fabulous healthy recipes, expert guidelines, and helpful tips, you can establish healthy eating habits for...