Gluten Free Baked Ziti with Three Cheeses
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 35 mins 425°F
- 12 ounces dried gluten-free ziti or penne pasta
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
- 12 cloves garlic, minced (2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, finely shredded (1 cup)
- 3 ounces Gorgonzola cheese or other blue cheese, crumbled (3/4 cup)
- 2 ounces fontina cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Roasted cherry tomatoes* (optional)
- Snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Transfer to a 2 1/2- or 3-quart shallow baking dish. Stir in canned tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook about 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Carefully stir in wine; cook about 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add whipping cream. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese, Gorgonzola cheese, Fontina cheese, salt, and pepper. Pour cheese mixture over pasta mixture.
- Bake, covered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through. Stir pasta to coat. If desired, top with roasted cherry tomatoes and/or sprinkle with parsley.
From the Test Kitchen
For roasted cherry tomatoes, place 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes in a pie plate. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Add to oven alongside the pasta casserole for the last 15 minutes of baking.
Nutrition Facts (Gluten Free Baked Ziti with Three Cheeses)
- Per serving:
- 730 kcal ,
- 47 g fat
- (27 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 15 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 145 mg chol. ,
- 1074 mg sodium ,
- 57 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 19 g pro.
If you're looking to follow a gluten-free diet, whip up one of these delicious, gluten-free recipes under 500 calor...
Garlicky Zucchini Noodles (Without The Pasta!)
You won't believe how easy these noodles are! Perfect for a simple summer dinner, this quick meal comes together in...
How to Cook Quinoa
Looking for ways to integrate more whole grain goodness into your diet? Quinoa is one of the fastest-cooking choice...
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
A delicious healthy breakfast recipe—one that is tasty and loaded with nutrition—can be the difference between a gr...
- Week of Gluten-Free Recipes
20-Minute Peanut Sauced Veggies and Noodles
A tangy homemade peanut sauce tops a vegetarian pasta dish that you can make in minutes -- no grocery trip needed!
Healthy Mediterranean Diet Recipes
There's so much to love about the Mediterranean diet: fresh vegetables, tons of herbs, and high-protein recipes. Ch...
Healthy Eating Tips
With our fabulous healthy recipes, expert guidelines, and helpful tips, you can establish healthy eating habits for...