Gluten Free Skillet Pork Chops with Butter Beans, Peas, and Green Onions
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Roast: 10 mins 400°F
- 4 pork loin rib chops, cut 1 1/4 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 15 1/2 ounce can gluten-free butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 5 ounce package fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shelled fresh English peas or frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Trim fat from chops. In a small bowl combine parsley, tarragon, lemon peel, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle herb mixture evenly over chops; rub in with your fingers.
- In an extra-large oven-going skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chops to skillet; cook about 6 minutes or until browned, turning once. Stir green onions into skillet around chops. Transfer skillet to the oven. Roast for 10 to 12 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into chops registers 150 degrees F. Remove chops from skillet; cover and keep warm.
- Stir beans, spinach, peas, and lemon juice into green onions in skillet. Cook and stir until beans are heated through and peas are tender. Serve chops with vegetable mixture and lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts (Gluten Free Skillet Pork Chops with Butter Beans, Peas, and Green Onions)
- Per serving:
- 467 kcal ,
- 22 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 99 mg chol. ,
- 603 mg sodium ,
- 27 g carb. ,
- 8 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 43 g pro.
If you're looking to follow a gluten-free diet, whip up one of these delicious, gluten-free recipes under 500 calor...
Garlicky Zucchini Noodles (Without The Pasta!)
You won't believe how easy these noodles are! Perfect for a simple summer dinner, this quick meal comes together in...
How to Cook Quinoa
Looking for ways to integrate more whole grain goodness into your diet? Quinoa is one of the fastest-cooking choice...
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
A delicious healthy breakfast recipe—one that is tasty and loaded with nutrition—can be the difference between a gr...
- Week of Gluten-Free Recipes
20-Minute Peanut Sauced Veggies and Noodles
A tangy homemade peanut sauce tops a vegetarian pasta dish that you can make in minutes -- no grocery trip needed!
Healthy Mediterranean Diet Recipes
There's so much to love about the Mediterranean diet: fresh vegetables, tons of herbs, and high-protein recipes. Ch...
Healthy Eating Tips
With our fabulous healthy recipes, expert guidelines, and helpful tips, you can establish healthy eating habits for...