Gluten Free Pumpkin, Bean, and Chicken Enchiladas
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 35 mins
- Bake: 25 mins 400°F
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup canned no-salt-added red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
- 8 6 inches gluten free white corn tortillas, softened*
- Pico de gallo or salsa (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. In a medium saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and jalapeno pepper; cook about 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in pumpkin, 1-1/2 cups of the water, the chili powder, salt, and cumin. Cook and stir until heated through. If necessary, stir in enough of the remaining 1/4 cup water to reach desired consistency.
- Place beans in a large bowl; mash slightly with a fork. Stir in half of the pumpkin mixture, the chicken, and 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- Spoon a generous 1/3 cup of the bean mixture onto each tortilla. Roll up tortillas; place, seam sides down, in the prepared baking dish. Pour the remaining pumpkin mixture over tortilla rolls.
- Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 10 minutes more or until heated through. If desired, serve with pico de gallo and lime wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
To soften tortillas, place tortillas between paper towels. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 30 to 40 seconds.
Nutrition Facts (Gluten Free Pumpkin, Bean, and Chicken Enchiladas)
- Per serving:
- 357 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 54 mg chol. ,
- 465 mg sodium ,
- 44 g carb. ,
- 12 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 28 g pro.
If you're looking to follow a gluten-free diet, whip up one of these delicious, gluten-free recipes under 500 calor...
Garlicky Zucchini Noodles (Without The Pasta!)
You won't believe how easy these noodles are! Perfect for a simple summer dinner, this quick meal comes together in...
How to Cook Quinoa
Looking for ways to integrate more whole grain goodness into your diet? Quinoa is one of the fastest-cooking choice...
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
A delicious healthy breakfast recipe—one that is tasty and loaded with nutrition—can be the difference between a gr...
- Week of Gluten-Free Recipes
20-Minute Peanut Sauced Veggies and Noodles
A tangy homemade peanut sauce tops a vegetarian pasta dish that you can make in minutes -- no grocery trip needed!
Healthy Mediterranean Diet Recipes
There's so much to love about the Mediterranean diet: fresh vegetables, tons of herbs, and high-protein recipes. Ch...
Healthy Eating Tips
With our fabulous healthy recipes, expert guidelines, and helpful tips, you can establish healthy eating habits for...