Gluten Free Honey-Soaked Quinoa Salad with Grapes and Cashews
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Stand: 10 mins
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved, or fresh dark sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup whole cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, cut into thin slivers
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 small head butterhead (Boston or bibb) lettuce, torn (about 4 cups)
- For vinaigrette, in a small bowl whisk together honey, ginger, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the pepper. Gradually add oil, whisking constantly.
- In a medium saucepan combine the water, quinoa, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork. In a large bowl combine quinoa, grapes, cashews, dried apricots, and red onion. Add lettuce. Drizzle with 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette; toss to coat. Pass the remaining vinaigrette.
From the Test Kitchen
Place the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer and hold under running water to remove any saponin, the natural coating on the grain, which may taste bitter.
Nutrition Facts (Gluten Free Honey-Soaked Quinoa Salad with Grapes and Cashews )
- Per serving:
- 372 kcal ,
- 17 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 10 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 230 mg sodium ,
- 52 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 24 g sugar ,
- 9 g pro.
If you're looking to follow a gluten-free diet, whip up one of these delicious, gluten-free recipes under 500 calor...
Garlicky Zucchini Noodles (Without The Pasta!)
You won't believe how easy these noodles are! Perfect for a simple summer dinner, this quick meal comes together in...
How to Cook Quinoa
Looking for ways to integrate more whole grain goodness into your diet? Quinoa is one of the fastest-cooking choice...
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
A delicious healthy breakfast recipe—one that is tasty and loaded with nutrition—can be the difference between a gr...
- Week of Gluten-Free Recipes
20-Minute Peanut Sauced Veggies and Noodles
A tangy homemade peanut sauce tops a vegetarian pasta dish that you can make in minutes -- no grocery trip needed!
Healthy Mediterranean Diet Recipes
There's so much to love about the Mediterranean diet: fresh vegetables, tons of herbs, and high-protein recipes. Ch...
Healthy Eating Tips
With our fabulous healthy recipes, expert guidelines, and helpful tips, you can establish healthy eating habits for...