Gluten-Free Fudgy Brownies
- Makes: 16 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 30 mins 350°F
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
- 2/3 cup Gluten-Free Flour Mix (recipe below)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 recipe Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting (optional)
- In a medium saucepan cook and stir butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; cool. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Grease foil; set pan aside.
- Stir sugar into cooled chocolate mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon just until combined. Stir in vanilla. In a small bowl stir together Gluten-Free Flour Mix and baking soda. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, stirring just until combined. If desired, stir in nuts. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. If desired, spread Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting over cooled brownies. Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut brownies out of pan. Cut into brownies.
From the Test Kitchen
Place brownies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a small saucepan heat and stir chocolate pieces over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; let cool. In a medium bowl sir together cream cheese and powdered sugar. Stir in melted chocolate until smooth.
Gluten Free Flour Mix
- In a large airtight container whisk together rice flour, potato starch, and xanthan gum. Cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 months.
From the Test Kitchen
Double or even triple this recipe to have our gluten-free flour mix on hand for future baking and cooking recipes.
Nutrition Facts (Gluten-Free Fudgy Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 157 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 43 mg chol. ,
- 90 mg sodium ,
- 18 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 12 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.
If you're looking to follow a gluten-free diet, whip up one of these delicious, gluten-free recipes under 500 calor...
Garlicky Zucchini Noodles (Without The Pasta!)
You won't believe how easy these noodles are! Perfect for a simple summer dinner, this quick meal comes together in...
How to Cook Quinoa
Looking for ways to integrate more whole grain goodness into your diet? Quinoa is one of the fastest-cooking choice...
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
A delicious healthy breakfast recipe—one that is tasty and loaded with nutrition—can be the difference between a gr...
- Week of Gluten-Free Recipes
20-Minute Peanut Sauced Veggies and Noodles
A tangy homemade peanut sauce tops a vegetarian pasta dish that you can make in minutes -- no grocery trip needed!
Healthy Mediterranean Diet Recipes
There's so much to love about the Mediterranean diet: fresh vegetables, tons of herbs, and high-protein recipes. Ch...
Healthy Eating Tips
With our fabulous healthy recipes, expert guidelines, and helpful tips, you can establish healthy eating habits for...