Gluten Free Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Custards
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Bake: 30 mins 350°F
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease four 6- to 8-ounce ramekins or custard cups; place in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place diced carrots in a medium saucepan; cover with 2 inches of water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until very tender. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Place carrots in a food processor. Cover and process about 20 seconds or until smooth. Add eggs, brown sugar, milk, and cinnamon; cover and process until smooth.
- Divide carrot mixture among prepared ramekins. Place baking pan on oven rack. Pour enough hot water into the baking pan to reach halfway up sides of ramekins. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted off-center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Chill within 2 hours.
From the Test Kitchen
The sweetness and flavor of carrots can vary widely, so find a producer that you like at your farmer's market and stock up.
Nutrition Facts (Gluten Free Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Custards)
- Per serving:
- 130 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 93 mg chol. ,
- 79 mg sodium ,
- 24 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 21 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.
If you're looking to follow a gluten-free diet, whip up one of these delicious, gluten-free recipes under 500 calor...
Garlicky Zucchini Noodles (Without The Pasta!)
You won't believe how easy these noodles are! Perfect for a simple summer dinner, this quick meal comes together in...
How to Cook Quinoa
Looking for ways to integrate more whole grain goodness into your diet? Quinoa is one of the fastest-cooking choice...
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
A delicious healthy breakfast recipe—one that is tasty and loaded with nutrition—can be the difference between a gr...
- Week of Gluten-Free Recipes
20-Minute Peanut Sauced Veggies and Noodles
A tangy homemade peanut sauce tops a vegetarian pasta dish that you can make in minutes -- no grocery trip needed!
Healthy Mediterranean Diet Recipes
There's so much to love about the Mediterranean diet: fresh vegetables, tons of herbs, and high-protein recipes. Ch...
Healthy Eating Tips
With our fabulous healthy recipes, expert guidelines, and helpful tips, you can establish healthy eating habits for...