Gluten Free Apple-Pistachio Crisp
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 30 mins 375°F
- 6 cups sliced, peeled cooking apples
- 3 - 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten-free regular rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup roasted salted pistachio nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart square baking dish. In a large bowl combine apples and granulated sugar; spoon into the prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- For topping, in a medium bowl combine oats, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle topping over apple mixture.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. (If necessary, cover with foil for the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning.) Serve warm
From the Test Kitchen
Peach or Cherry Pistachio Crisp:
Prepare as directed, except substitute 6 cups sliced, peeled ripe peaches or pitted fresh tart red cherries (or two 16-ounce packages frozen unsweetened peach slices or frozen pitted tart red cherries) for the apples. For the filling, increase granulated sugar to 1/2 cup and add 3 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose flour. If using frozen fruit, bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until filling is bubbly across entire surface (if necessary to prevent overbrowning, cover with foil for the last 10 minutes of baking).
Nutrition Facts (Gluten Free Apple-Pistachio Crisp)
- Per serving:
- 291 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 20 mg chol. ,
- 97 mg sodium ,
- 49 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 36 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.
If you're looking to follow a gluten-free diet, whip up one of these delicious, gluten-free recipes under 500 calor...
Garlicky Zucchini Noodles (Without The Pasta!)
You won't believe how easy these noodles are! Perfect for a simple summer dinner, this quick meal comes together in...
How to Cook Quinoa
Looking for ways to integrate more whole grain goodness into your diet? Quinoa is one of the fastest-cooking choice...
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
A delicious healthy breakfast recipe—one that is tasty and loaded with nutrition—can be the difference between a gr...
- Week of Gluten-Free Recipes
20-Minute Peanut Sauced Veggies and Noodles
A tangy homemade peanut sauce tops a vegetarian pasta dish that you can make in minutes -- no grocery trip needed!
Healthy Mediterranean Diet Recipes
There's so much to love about the Mediterranean diet: fresh vegetables, tons of herbs, and high-protein recipes. Ch...
Healthy Eating Tips
With our fabulous healthy recipes, expert guidelines, and helpful tips, you can establish healthy eating habits for...