Does the dad in your life put in long hours at the office? Are you stuck for Father's Day cake ideas? Show him your appreciation with this adorable shirt-and-tie brownie cake. Here's how:
- Bake a batch of brownies (see our basic recipe below) in a foil-lined 13x9-inch pan; let cool.
- Frost the cake with Dad's favorite frosting flavor and color (we used chocolate). Use a second frosting (we used dark chocolate) for the collar and pocket.
- Draw the necktie on waxed paper. Melt chocolate chips (we used 1/2 cup of white chips) according to package directions. Using a knife, spread melted chips onto paper to fill outline; cool. Trim to shape with a sharp knife.
- For a striped tie, use decorating gel icing or licorice.
- Add candy-coated milk chocolate pieces for the collar and pocket buttons.