What You Need:For a true lodge look, spell out your holiday sentiments in twigs!
- 2 to 3 fresh dogwood branches or other pliable twigs
- Twist ties
- Assorted cylinders for shaping twig letters around (bottles, markers, etc.)
- Pruning shears
- Picture-frame wire
- Wire cutters
- 5 inch x 24 inch piece of barn board
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Dowloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.) Use pruning shears to cut the dogwood branches into twigs of assorted lengths to create letters and parts of letters. Curl some of the cut twigs around cylinders to create the curved parts of the letters; use the twist ties to hold the curved twigs in shape for a day or two.
2. Cut picture-frame wire into 4 inch or 5 inch lengths. Wrap the picture frame wire in a criss-cross fashion around the twigs where they touch to hold each letter together. Wrap a piece of wire around the top of the "I" so it matches the style of the other letters. Arrange and epoxy the letters on the barn board.