Dress up your buffet table with this snowflake tree by spray-painting a backyard tree branch white.
2. Firmly finger-crease each fold to make a flexible crease.
3. Layer the two pieces of paper (see Step 1); treat as one. Fold paper in half vertically; unfold. Fold in half horizontally; unfold. Fold from top left corner to bottom left corner; unfold.
4. Fold the corners to meet in the center (see Step 2). Fold the square in half to make a triangle, bringing bottom corner up to meet top corner.
5. Hold the top points of the triangle together and bring the bottom points up to meet the top point, letting sides of the triangle open and tucking the points between the front and back layers of the triangle. Flatten the paper into a small square with two layers.
6. Fold each side corner of the front layer to the center crease line; unfold. Fold the bottom point up to the center crease line; unfold. For flexible creases, work folds back and forth. Turn square over and repeat Steps 5 and 6.
7. Working with the top layer of the square, pull down the top corner as shown in Step 7. Fold along creases made in steps 5 and 6, creating the shape shown in Step 8. Turn figure over and repeat Steps 7 and 8 with remaining layer of square, creating the diamond shape shown in Step 9.
8. Bring bottom point of diamond up to meet top point (see Step 10). Turn figure over and repeat Step 10, creating the shape shown in Step 11.
9. Firmly pull out the two points that are sandwiched between the top and bottom layers, creating the finished snowflake.
10. For hanger, make a fishhook shape with fine wire. Poke straight end of wire through one point of snowflake; fold up end and twist.