How to Turn Christmas Sweaters into Christmas Stockings
Turn your stash of ugly sweaters into adorable Christmas stockings with this clever project.
- Wool sweater
- Stocking pattern
- Sewing machine
- Hot-glue gun
1. Turn your sweater inside-out and pin your pattern over the sweater.
2. Cut out your sweater, making sure to cut through both sides.
3. Sew around the stocking shape using a zigzag stitch, making sure to leave the top open.
4. Trim off excess wool around the seams. Turn stocking right side out.
5. Form a loop of yarn and sew it into place on the heel side of the stocking opening.
6. Make a cuff for your stocking using the ribbing at the collar or waistline of your sweater. Hot-glue into place around the opening.